Kolkata Port handled 50.289 million tonnes of traffic in 2015-2016 against the traffic of 46.293 million tonnes handled in 2014-2015.
Kolkata Dock System (KDS) handled a traffic of 16.782 million tonnes in 2015-2016 which was an all time high against 15.283 million tonnes in 2014-2015. At Haldia Dock Complex (HDC), 33.507 million tonnes of traffic was handled in 2015-2016 as against 31.010 million tonnes in 2014-2015.
Comparative performance of Kolkata Port in 2014-2015 in respect of the following deserves special mention:
Kolkata Port ranked Third amongst all Indian Major Ports in terms of Container Traffic and Coking Coal handling.
In 2015-2016 KDS of KoPT achieved an all time high Container throughput of 5,77,749 TEUs. Moreover, KDS Railway System also handled highest ever traffic of 5.21 million tonnes in 2015-2016.
Number of vessels handled at Kolkata Port during 2015-2016 was the highest amongst all Indian Major Ports. KoPT handled 17% of the total number of vessels, which worked at Indian Major Ports in 2015-2016. During the year 2015-2016, 3503 vessels called at KoPT.
Statistics of cargo handled by Kolkata Port are given below.
- Cargo Handled in Last 20 Years (, 111 KB)
- Traffic handled at Kolkata Port during Last Five Years (, 139 KB)
- Number of Containers Handled (, 86 KB)
- Volume of Containerised Cargo (, 87 KB)
- Ship Calls at Kolkata Port (, 85 KB)
- Traffic Handled in terms of Principal Commodities (, 187 KB)
- Passenger Traffic (, 17 KB)
- Railway Traffic (, 92 KB)
- Financial Indicators (, 88 KB)
- Performance Indicators (, 163 KB)