Kolkata Port handled 50.951 million tonnes of traffic in 2016-2017 against the traffic of 50.289 million tonnes handled in 2015-2016.
Kolkata Dock System (KDS) handled a traffic of 16.810 million tonnes in 2016-2017 which was an all time high against 16.782 million tonnes in 2015-2016 . At Haldia Dock Complex (HDC), 34.141 million tonnes of traffic was handled in 2016-2017 as against 33.507 million tonnes of traffic in 2015-2016.
Comparative performance of Kolkata Port in 2016-2017 in respect of the following deserves special mention:
Kolkata Port ranked First amongst all Indian Major Ports in terms of Coking Coal handling, Second in Other Liquids and Third in Container Traffic handling in 2016-2017.
In 2016-2017 KDS of KoPT achieved an all time high Container throughput of 6,35,848 TEUs. Moreover, KDS Railway System also handled highest ever traffic of 5.54 million tonnes in 2016-2017.
Number of vessels handled at Kolkata Port during 2016-2017 was the highest amongst all Indian Major Ports. KoPT handled approximately 16% of the total number of vessels, which worked at Indian Major Ports in 2016-2017. During the year 2016-2017, 3431 vessels called at KoPT.
Statistics of cargo handled by Kolkata Port are given below.
- Cargo Handled in Last 20 Years (, 20 KB)
- Traffic handled at Kolkata Port during Last Five Years (, 14 KB)
- Number of Containers Handled (, 12 KB)
- Volume of Containerised Cargo (, 12 KB)
- Ship Calls at Kolkata Port (, 11 KB)
- Traffic Handled in terms of Principal Commodities (, 86 KB)
- Passenger Traffic (, 18 KB)
- Railway Traffic (, 14 KB)
- Financial Indicators (, 13 KB)
- Performance Indicators (, 34 KB)